Our details are as follows:
- Legal Entity: Bright Cloud Ltd
- Role responsible for data protection issues: Operations Manager
- Email address: email@example.com
- Postal Address: 39-41 Carrholm Road, Leeds, England LS7 2NQ
Any reference to you or yours means is a reference to any user of this site, of our services or any person who supplies us with information.
Bright Cloud Ltd takes privacy seriously. The personal data we collect, the way in which we will collect it and how we use that personal data depends on the reason for which we have gathered it and how it was obtained.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect information about you:
This information will be gathered from a direct interaction with you by:
- Your corresponding with us by post, email, phone, through social media or through the ‘contact us’ on our website.
- An application for our products or services or a request for more information
- A request for more information about the company to be sent to you
- A request for marketing to be sent to you
- Your completion of a survey
- Your entering into a competition or promotion
- Interaction at a third part venue such as sales conference
Some personal data is collected automatically when you visit our website.
From third parties or where the information is publicly available
This information is gathered by us from a third party or a publicly available source, including:
- Analytics providers such as Google
- Networking sites such as Linkedin
- Partners as part of a contractual fulfilment
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHO WE SHARE DATA WITH
We will only use your personal data with your consent, where:
- We are looking to enter into a contract with you or a common partner, or to perform our obligations under the contract with yourselves or common partner
- We are complying with a legal obligation
- To protect your vital interest
- To pursue one of our legitimate interests
We have to share your personal data with:
- Other companies within our group
- By third parties who provide us with services to enable us to deliver the services we offer
- Our professional advisors or by third parties who provide us with services which we use internally to administer our services
Some external third parties (for example our suppliers) are based or have offices outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) and if they process of your data as part of our relationship with them it may mean that your personal data is transferred outside the EEA. Where this occurs we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is applied in accordance with the Data Protection Laws
Personal data will not be sold or transferred to third parties other than:
- In accordance with our Terms and Conditions or the terms of any other contract we have in place with you
- Where you consent to us doing so
- To comply with lawful requests made by a regulator or other authority
ACCESS AND CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have several rights relating to your personal information, including:
- The right to request a copy of the personal information we hold
- The right to ask us to correct any inaccurate information
- The right to ask us to delete any information if we have no lawful reason to process such data
- The right to request your personal information be transferred to another person or company
- The right to object to us contacting you for marketing
If you wish to exercise any of your rights relating to your data (including requesting a copy of the personal data which we hold about you) please contact us in writing at our postal address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW LONG WE HOLD PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data for as long as we require it to fulfil the purpose which we have collected it for, plus any additional period we are required to keep the data for due to legal, accounting and reporting obligations. Data held will be reviewed on an annual basis.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
ENQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS
VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
When you visit any of our websites you can browse without giving us any personal information, however we will use various third-party tools (as identified below) to collect behaviour-based data around your use of our website. The type of data we collect includes:
- The number of visitors
- What pages are viewed, and
- How long is spent looking at our website
Any data collected by the third-party tools will not be processed by us, nor will we make any attempt to use this information to identify individual visitors to our websites. Like many other websites, we may use a standard technology called a “cookie”. Cookies collect information about your use of our website to enable you to navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, and to improve user experience. Our website will use the information collected by cookies to show you relevant adverts. You can find out more information about cookies at https://www.gov.uk/help/cookies
Contact information submitted online
If you contact us via our website you will be asked for your name, company you work for, email address and telephone number. We will use this information to contact you in relation to your enquiry and subsequent contact will only be conducted to fulfil any obligations pertaining to this.
Third Party Links
USERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
When entered into a contract for the supply of our products or services, or the supply of your products or services to us, we will collect from you the necessary data to fulfil the contract which both parties have entered into. This can be provided to us through our sales and customer service team, engineers or other members of any project team.
We will cross check your company information against that which is held at Companies House and may carry out a further check with an external credit reference agency.
DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
We are serious about guarding the security of your personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss. However, we cannot guarantee the protection of your personal data in relation to use of our website as, due to the nature of the internet, the website is theoretically accessible by any user of the World Wide Web. You should be aware that when you disclose personal data on the website it may be collected by another user and may result in unsolicited messages from other internet users.
In some instances personal information is managed on the third-party facility Zoho.com
E-marketing campaigns are at times managed and fulfilled via: Mailchimp.com
PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD FOR EMPLOYMENT
Applying for a job
If you apply for a job with us we will hold all the information you provide us with as part of the application for the purposes of progressing your application and to assess your suitability for the role for which you have applied.
We may advertise positions through recruitment agents who will gather information with respect to potential employees on our behalf and will share this with us. We have relationships with a number of recruitment agents to cover the various different disciplines which we may recruit into.
Progressing an application
Once you have submitted your application we will share your information with those people within Bright Cloud Ltd who will be directly involved in the recruitment.
We will use the contact details you provide to contact you to inform you of the outcome of your application.
All personal details are held by the recruitment agents only and are not held by Bright Cloud Ltd once the recruitment process for that particular role is complete.
As an employee of Bright Cloud Ltd your personal information will be stored and accessible only by those individuals involved in HR.
Some roles within Bright Cloud Ltd require us to obtain enhanced security clearance, where this is the case we will inform you of this and request the additional information we require and advise on the purpose for use.
Leaving your employment with Bright Cloud Ltd
If you leave your employment your details will remain on our database for two years.
Where you are happy for us to do so and have previously opted in to be contacted by us for marketing purposes, we may use your personal information to provide you with details of products, services or special offers which we believe may be of interest to you by post, email, text message or over the phone. If you do not want to receive any marketing information you can:
- Click the ‘opt out’ button on at the bottom of any marketing email or send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at the address given above
Where you elect not to receive marketing information (whether this is all marketing or only marketing in relation to some areas) we would ask that you note the following:
- Please allow 28 days for the relevant marketing communications to stop completely
- We will no longer hold your details on our marketing database, but will continue to hold your name, phone number and email address but will only process this information as necessary.
- Where you use the ‘opt out’ link contained at the bottom of a direct marketing email we will stop sending marketing emails to this email address only, if you have any other email addresses registered with us and wish us to stop sending marketing emails to these addresses as well please ensure that we are provided with the relevant details to enable us to update our records
Digital marketing adverts
On occasion, we may carry out online marketing via third party tools that use either anonymous IP addresses or email addresses to display digital adverts to you across other websites or on social media via cookies:
- Remarketing via website URL: If you have visited certain, specific pages on any of our websites
- Personal data: If you have provided your email address for marketing purposes
- Behavioural: We may run adverts through search or display networks (e.g. Google Display Network) that serve our ads to audiences in pre-defined categories
If you no longer wish to see digital adverts, please clear your cookie settings and remove email permissions. In all scenarios, you can tailor your browsing experience for all of your online activity by modifying your browser settings.
We will not share your information with any unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of enabling them to market their products or services to you.